While heating or cooling your home, the HVAC system circulates fresh air through your home. Or it should be. But dirty, damaged, and aged filters can throw a wrench in the system, causing serious issues for your HVAC system, your home, and even you and your loved ones. Taking care of your home’s air filter protects the health of your family and home. At Alliance Expert Services, we are the top AC company in Oklahoma City and can help with all your filter replacement needs.
Replacing filters is only one part of maintenance. Be sure to ask about our air conditioning tune-up services to cover all other aspects.
The Trouble with Dirty Filters
You might be surprised at the importance of filters used in the HVAC systems of a modern home. You’ll find them in your air conditioner and furnace, but they are often forgotten about until they become a problem. The AC filter and furnace filter play a key role in filtering out allergens, debris, and pollutants from your home’s air. A dirty filter won’t do its job, leading to problems for your home.
- Increases Energy Costs: A dirty filter forces the A/C and furnace fans to work harder to moderate the temperature in the home. Your home might experience hot or cold spells due to the clogging of the filter and the system will overwork to try and correct. The result is a higher energy bill.
- Promotes Freezing and Burn-out: A dirty A/C filter does not release heat properly from the home and can cause condensation on the evaporator coils of the system. The condensation will then freeze on the coils, leading to A/C failure. The same trouble arises with a dirty furnace filter, which prevents the furnace sensors from detecting temperature correctly and can result in overheating of the system and burn out of the furnace.
- Spreads Airborne Pollutants: A dirty filter will not filter out allergens, spores, or other pollutants and irritants from the air of your home. Instead, the irritants will continue to cycle through your home’s ducting to be breathed in by you.
- Lowers the System’s Lifespan: The constant cycle of dirt and debris resulting from a dirty, ineffectual filter will ultimately result in the need for more maintenance, cleaning, and early replacement of air conditioning and heating units.
- Contributes to Health Issues: A dirty filter circulating dust and irritants can contribute to chronic respiratory irritation, coughs, sinus problems, and exacerbate asthma and other respiratory illnesses.
These problems can be prevented! A knowledgeable HVAC company like Alliance Expert Services can replace heater filters, AC filters, and handle any other HVAC issues that come up. Give us a call today for an appointment with one of our qualified HVAC technicians.
How to Tell When to Replace HVAC Filters
There is no golden rule on when to replace Oklahoma City HVAC filters. Every home’s HVAC needs vary depending on various circumstances. Pets, plants, allergen proximity, filter quality, and other factors impact the timetable for replacing HVAC filters. A few good starter rules are as follows:
- 1-2” Filters: If your furnace or air conditioner filter is only 1-2” thick, they typically need replacing every 3 months.
- 4-5” Filters: A thicker 4” filter needs to be replaced at least every 6 months. 5” filters need replacing once a year.
However, it’s important to know that external stressors can impact the longevity of your HVAC system’s filters.
- Pets: Pets bring love and happiness into a home, but they also bring airborne pollutants. Dander, dirt, and debris are often spread by pets running through the house. Excessive hair and dander can clog your home’s heater filters and ac filters.
- Allergens: Sufferers of allergies should be sure to replace filters regularly. AC filter replacement and furnace filter replacement prevent allergen build up in your home’s HVAC system.
- Household Size: More people produce more dirt. The larger your household, the more important it is to replace your HVAC filters early and regularly.
An experienced HVAC contractor can guide you through the process and best practices with HVAC filter replacement. Give Alliance Expert Services, Oklahoma City’s expert HVAC specialists a call today to schedule an appointment.
Ductwork is also a hub for dust and debris. Be sure to ask about our ductless mini-split AC systems and enjoy heating and cooling without the ductwork.
The Benefits of Professional HVAC Filtration Maintenance
It’s no surprise that plenty of people forget to change their HVAC filters regularly. Unfortunately, neglecting the filters can lead to other HVAC system issues. A reputable HVAC company like Alliance Expert Services can help you navigate the replacement and maintenance process of your HVAC system. They’re guaranteed workmanship and devotion to customer satisfaction are just a few of the benefits their clients receive for every job.
Alliance Expert Services has been serving the people of the Oklahoma City area since 1990, and we pride ourselves on affordable, friendly, and efficient service.